Please comment on this post or email me if you are interested in this localization engineer position. I’ll put you in contact with the recruiter.
Direct from the recruiter:
The requirement is for a Localization Engineer in San Jose working for one of the leading Web Commerce companies. They are looking for more than the typical Localization Engineer as they need someone who has done some programming, not just scripting. I have attached a description and also listed below some things the manager said they have been missing in the candidates so far.
What I’ve been missing so far in candidates is
- Experience with web localization (more a focus on i18n engineering, but then without real coding skills), and enterprise localization tools (e.g. WorldServer)
- Significant modern coding skills (going beyond a simple VBA macro or Perl script), e.g. ability to write some Java application, understand/fix/enhance existing code, or a simple plug-in against a documented SDK (more than just passive knowledge of Java, etc)
- Ability to clearly articulate concepts or thoughts, describe processes
If this sounds like a good fit, I can email you more details. Good luck!
Recently a recruiter let me know about this position. If you are interested, please email me (john at joconner dot com) or leave a comment. I’ll send you all the contact information and details. Or of course, you could just go straight to the web site yourself…either way. But, in my opinion, it always helps if you have an internal lead!
Here’s the job description, straight from the internal recruiter:
We are currently looking for a Sr International Product Managers for our Cobalt (www.cobalt.com ) office in the Seattle area.
The selected candidate will lead the efforts around globalizing our core automotive platform and requires
- Strong internationalization, globalization, and localization experience
- International rollout and deployment experience
- Experience in a B2C environment
- Experience working across countries and cultures
This is a FULL TIME with benefits that start day one.
Looking for a new position? EMC is looking for an Internationalization Consultant! I can’t take it, but maybe you can.
The Internationalization Consultant is responsible for participating in planning and discovery sessions, providing consultation on I18N requirements and optimal business/engineering process design, overall status assessments, and contributing to the campaign for education and awareness of I18N standards for product design and development throughout the enterprise.
For more information, you should check out the EMC job listing directly. Or search their job listings for requisition id #55885BR.